Hickman Mills Animal Hospital offers comprehensive, compassionate veterinary care with an emphasis on preventive medicine. We encourage semi-annual examinations and routine diagnostic laboratory testing to diagnose any developing disease at its’ earliest and most treatable stage. The health needs of animals change quickly, and 6 months in the life of your pet is the equivalent of 3-4 years of your life.
We recommend routine dental cleanings for your pet. Keeping the teeth and gums healthy and free of tartar and gingivitis is essential in helping prevent tooth loss, cardiovascular disease, and kidney disease.
When surgery is necessary, in most cases it will be performed in our hospital. We recommend an IV catheter and IV fluids, as well as a pre-anesthetic blood profile for all surgery patients, and will require these in patients older than 7 years. Our hospital is committed to making post-operative pain management a priority. This is often overlooked, yet it is extremely important in the successful recovery of your pet.
All Veterinary Services
- Wellness, Preventative Medicine and Vaccination
- Internal Medicine and Diagnostics
- Surgery, including soft-tissue, Orthopedic, and Spay & Neuter
- Pain Management
- Dental Care, including dental cleaning, and tartar prevention products
- Nutrition, Dietary Planning and Weight Management
- Senior/Geriatric Health Care
- Parasite Prevention, including Heartworm, Flea and Tick Preventatives
- Animal Lodging
- Pet Grooming